WordPress August in short.
After a pretty quiet summer, development of WordPress core seems to have picked up with three notable releases.
- How to create a Gutenberg block plugin using wp-scripts with PostCSS build process. By Jeffrey Carandang.
- Bringing CSS Grid to WordPress layouts by Andrea Gandino and Simone Maranzana.
- Why use Elm as a frontend for WordPress? By Will King.
- Video: 6 WordPress development tools to make your life easier. By Alex Young.
- Preventing free-range WordPress hooks. By Lee Noble.
- Build customizer settings Feaster by using the Kirki Framework in your project. By Danny Cooper.
- The (Upcoming) WordPress renaissance. By Leonardo Losoviz.
- Ionic and WordPress integration using the REST API. By Umang Rathore.
- Video: Creating a WordPress plugin. By Daniel Persson.
- AWPS: A modern WordPress starter theme for savvy Developers. By Alessandro Castellani.
- The comprehensive guide to WordPress security in 2019. By Lizzie Kardon.
- PHP 7.4: What promises it has in store for the PHP developers? By ShaliniPanchal.
- PHP date & strtotime cheat sheet. By Dan Englishby.
- Arrow functions in PHP. By Rishiraj Purohit.
- Moveable is draggable! resizable! scalable! rotatable. By Daybrush.
- Using Prettier with Airbnb’s ESLint config. By Daniel Beutner.
- Can you nest media and support queries? By Chris Coyier.
- Backdrop-filter. By Css Tricks.
- Flexbox and padding. By Chen Hui Jing.
- Code a responsive navbar with HTML and CSS Flexbox. By Ceora Ford.
- Beyond cookies: Today’s options for client-side data storage. By Brian Neville-O’Neill.
- Firefox developer tools can do that? By Yaser A Mehraban.
- Use snippets in VS Code, to boost your productivity. By Arkadiusz Chatys.
VS Code extension that lets you open the MDN docs of a CSS property. By Dzhavat Ushev.
- How to create a WordPress Development Environment in 5 minutes using Docker. By Use the Force.
- Video: Develop with Docker, containers for everyone! By Maura Teal.
Have a great September.